Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Langley Taylor Walton


Langley Taylor Walton
July 27, 2012
3:29pm
8lbs. 8oz.
20.5 inches long


After a trip to the doctor on Monday, July 23rd, it was decided that LT would be born on Friday, July 27, 2012.  All the nerves and waiting were finally coming to an end!  I really didn't know how I would spend a week trying not to be nervous!  I got a lot of odds and ends done...Kyle said I made up stuff that 'had' to be done.  I also got to spend time with a lot of my friends at the pool.  It was great, especially since the water helped the contractions I was starting to have.  Thursday we went to Kel's cheer camp and then went and ate Mexican food in Wallis...this is when contractions started becoming a little more intense...though I really didn't realize it.  (My mom did.)  Friday morning mom and I decided a pedicure was in order before Langley came.  It was relaxing and I ended up with the bonus of a manicure too...since I was having a baby that day!  Contractions continued all morning (even though I really thought it was still just her moving around.) 

Finally, the time came for us to be at the hospital...12:00 noon.  We got up to Labor and Delivery and the nurses didn't waste a second.  Before I knew it, I was in a gown and strapped up to monitors...which confirmed what my mom said...lots of contractions.  It seems either way, July 27th was going to be Miss Langley's birthday!  It was cool to watch all the little lines and contractions...it was a fun way to pass the 3 hours we had to wait.  I had the absolute best nurse ever!  Kelly was there from the very beginning until I was out of recovery.  She was amazing and helped me through the scariest part (for me at least),getting the spinal block.  Before I knew it, I couldn't feel a thing but I was aware of what was happening.  Kyle came in and everything was getting started.  I remember them calling the beginning time...3:10, calling the birth time 3:29, and them finishing up on me while Kyle was with Langley.  Right after she was born, they pulled down the curtain and we got to see our beautiful daughter for the very first time.  Wow!  What an amazing feeling!  Pretty soon they had her wrapped up and we were holding our darling. 

Kyle went with Langley and did all the stuff they had to do...he even got to show off our girl to all of our family and friends in the waiting room.  By the time I got back into recovery right around 4:00, he was there waiting on me.  At that point things were a little fuzzy, but I know they brought Langley in pretty quickly and I got to feed her.  I know everyone was waiting and waiting and waiting for us to get out of recovery, but there just wasn't a room available.  For me though, it was nice just to have the 3 of us for a little while.  It also gave me time to start feeling a little better.

We finally got into the room around 7:30 I think.  At which point all the family got to come see our girl!  Again...I don't remember too much of the evening because of the meds, but I do remember all of the happiness we were surrounded by.

We were at the hospital from Friday until Monday.  We got to leave around noon-ish on Monday and immediately went to Methodist Imaging Center where Dad was having some tests run.  The ambulance that was transporting him was very generous in waiting for us so that he could meet his newest granddaughter...what a sweet moment for all of us!


When we were finally home for good, it was so nice!  Kathy (Kyle's mom) was here to help us for the week...I'm not sure what we would've done without her here! 

We are finally settling into a routine and loving every minute with our little Langley!  She is such a blessing to our family!







2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Kyle! Langley is precious! Looking forward to our babies growing up together! Can't wait for our first playdate! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your little miracle Kristi & Kyle, and welcome to the world sweet Langley! Think I can already see a little Cerny in there. :)

    Blessings & love to you all,
    Amanda (Aunt Laura's college roommate)

    ReplyDelete