Friday, May 4, 2012

It's (Almost) Summer Time!

It's been a while since I've had time to sit down and write.  We've been so busy, but as always, life has a way of slowing us down.
I guess first an update on my dad.  He's had ten rounds of radiation and 2 rounds of chemo.  After some tests this week, we got positive news.  The tumors on both lungs are shrinking.  The bones are slowly regenerating, although not as quickly as the doctors were hoping.  They will go ahead and put the steel rods in his legs to help the bones.  This won't help with walking, but will make the bones less fragile.  So we were happy for all of the good news this week!

I'm very excited for summer...probably more so than usual! (Of course!)  But I will miss my second graders dearly!  They will be my last class, at least for a while, as I move into a new position next year as Academic Support Teacher at WoodCreek Elementary.  I'm very excited for this new position, but I know I will miss having my own class!  I know that it is the best move for me and I work with the best people around, so it will be an easy adjustment I think. 

Back to my sweet second graders, and their families...they gave me a baby shower at school!  It was so fun and of course, both Kyle and I were overwhelmed by their kindness!  I do believe the best part was seeing all of those sweet smiles and sharing that time with 20 of my favorite kiddos!  We still have the diaper wreath hanging in our room...and that is where it will stay until the last day of school!  Only 17.5 more days...wow this is going too fast!

Kyle's been seeing a doctor lately, as his arm kept going numb.  Of course their first concern was his heart, but everything checked out ok.  He's got some high blood pressure, which they are controlling with meds.  He is feeling better everyday.  Thank goodness!  Nothing like a little scare!

This week really brought on the reality of the end of school...whoa, it's May...where did that come from?  I spent some time each evening M-W starting to clean out my closets.  Maybe I did too much?  Maybe coincidence?  Not sure...but this week brought more unexpected happenings.  Yesterday as we were headed to lunch, I started getting horrible stabbing pains in my left side...it was excruciating to say the least.  Luckily we were close to the lunch room already and my kiddos are responsible enough to go on in.  And luckily, there was a wall to hold me up.  The room started spinning, and I couldn't see anything.  I was having a hard time standing even with the help of the wall.  As soon as it eased a little I made my way to the nurses office where they took wonderful care of me.  I called the doctor and they sent me to Labor and Delivery.  Scared me to death!  Long story short...it turns out I had a kidney stone trying to pass and Little Langley is fine.  The bonus to it all was that I got to see her...a lot this week!  But...hoping not to go through that again! 
All in all, we are doing well and even got to have a weekend away at a cabin in Fredricksburg.  It was peaceful...just what we both needed!  I'm looking forward to a fun and busy summer with friends and family...and finally in August the debut of Little Miss Langley!

No comments:

Post a Comment